For your viewing enjoyment I present to you our random thoughts and activities. Many don't even make much sense to us - the authors. Estranged love? This is more of "a strange love."

- Me - Friday, August 04, 2006

So...

I'm fat.

And that makes me sad, really sad. I have always worked in high pressure, high intensity, always on the go jobs. Now that I'm married and not getting a workout within my job I have balloned. I don't like my weight.... and I would be very pleased to be 30 pounds lighter.

But you know what's really holding me back? Me. I feel like I'm so far gone that there's no hope for me. I took this weight loss survey on The Nest and one of the options was "No, it would take too much to compensate for my eating habits."

That's me... what happened? My clothes don't fit, and I just don't like my body right now. And that sucks. I want to work out - but as soon as I get the inclination something inside of me says "you're too far gone." And yes, if 600 pound women can drop down to 120 pounds I should be able to drop 30 measly pounds, right??

Wrong... that self-image thing is really a beast to try and overcome. And yes, we're all made in the image of God, and we're made exactly like He wants us... but aren't we also supposed to treat our bodies as the temple of the Holy Spirit.. or am I getting all theological over here?

Oh well.... back to my yougurt and grapenuts. I just hope I don't decide to eat a few oreos afterwards.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home