For your viewing enjoyment I present to you our random thoughts and activities. Many don't even make much sense to us - the authors. Estranged love? This is more of "a strange love."

- Now we have proof... - Friday, May 19, 2006

Too many times things happen to DNA (D is me, A is my wonderful husband, and N stands for our last name - this was our wedding monogram also) that noone ever believes. Well this blog is about to be proof that the strange and odd do happen to us.

So yesterday A and I were preparing to make a foray to the grocery store. We had the ipaq loaded with the grocery list, coupons, sales paper, and comfy shoes. As any self respecting pet owner knows, one must "water" their dog before they leave the domicile. See cutie patootie (?) picture of dog to the left (my furbaby Bali). She is a Jack Russell Terrier (or terrorist as some of our friends like to call their Jack) and by nature she's a ratter - meaning she was bred to hunt out little vermin, hence the name "ratter." This is a pic of her on our loveseat, trying her hardest to figure out where the camera flash is coming from - remember, she's a ratter so lights look like eyes to her (I know, I know, you don't even have to tell me).

So after "watering" our Bali, we came back into the house to get all the neccessities. A was in the bedroom and I was opening the patio door so the dog could go outside. As my dear little girl was
walking out, a visitor was sneaking into the house - see photo to the right.

Yes ladies and gents - a baby possum. He was soo cute, but on the for real for real he had to get up out of our house with a quickness. Our dog caught the scent, and immediately had to be quarantined to the bedroom (this for sure didn't make for a happy Bali you can certainly imagine). I'm screaming in the living room almost hyperventilating, and my husband is on the phone with the leasing office telling them we need a game warden, animal control, the alligator hunter - just send somebody. Well needless to say, this little guy couldn't handle the noise going on in the house and quickly snuck right back out the door into the bushes.

One of our friends said God sends us these kinds of situations because He needs a good laugh - well yesterday He was for sure laughing His butt off - my God has a sense of humor.. does yours? This one goes down in the books aptly named "The Possum Battle of '06."




1 Comments:

At 5/20/2006 7:33 PM, Blogger BJ said...

Ben was here.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home