For your viewing enjoyment I present to you our random thoughts and activities. Many don't even make much sense to us - the authors. Estranged love? This is more of "a strange love."

- Craptastic Thursday - Thursday, May 25, 2006

So we're moving... yes ladies and gentlemen we're moving all the way across the parking lot into a 2 bedroom apartment. When I say across the parking lot - I mean we can see our current apartment's patio from our soon to be new living room. But ack!! I HATE moving. If I were independantly wealthy I would so hire a moving company, oh well.

It's a mix of funk and jazz; we like to call it junk - from the beloved "Robots." What is it about moving that makes you really take an inventory of all the crap you've got? I mean - we just moved in here a year ago and all this stuff was deadly necessary... there was just no parting with it. Now for some reason unbeknownst to me I want to chuck this stuff so far down the garbage compactor it makes no sense.

There are those questions out there that mankind has yet to figure out and come up with an answer for.
1) Why do hotdogs come in 10, yet hotdog buns come in packs of 8?
2) Are "graham crackers" crackers, or cookies? Or are they really biscuits?
3) Why is my stuff "stuff," but someone else's stuff is "crap?"

If you can answer these, you're better off than me - I can still barely get the microwave to hit that delicate balance between popped popcorn and burnt crap. But really - what have you been dragging around from house to house, move to move, that you know without a shadow of a doubt you haven't used in the last 18 months but just can't seem to part with? I really think that's why storage units were invented. Here - store all that craptasticness in a nice little home - because God forbid you actually use that leopard print end table with the mirrored top - meow!

So in honor of Craptastic Thursday, I reveal to you just a small piece of my own personal crap stash. This first pic is a classic "No baby, don't throw that away - we may actually need it one day." Can you see that circle in the clear box - I've had it 3 years now. WHY??? The CD has been long gone, it's about time to part with it. And another little note - why do people who live in an apartment complex have a butt load of tiki torches? I mean, I know their original intended purpose - but that time has since passed on...

Maybe I just have a heart for wayward, no longer loved or needed stuff. Prime example - we've had this printer on our patio for a year now. But I truly believe in my heart I, me, the woman who can't get the microwave to work correctly, to be the one who can bring life back to this poor defenseless little printer... poor baby. Even though it leaks black ink EVERYWHERE, I still have a soft place in my heart from it.

Have an awesome Craptastic Thursday everyone.

1 Comments:

At 5/30/2006 7:04 PM, Blogger BJ said...

Remember Superman and eBay, A?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home